If you work with long lists or tables, it may be useful to split the worksheet into panes, so that you can work and view different parts of your worksheet at the sametime.
- Place the mouse pointer on the line above the arrow tip on the vertical scrollbar so that the drag block appears
- Drag with the split block to the middle of the worksheet
- Same for a horizontal split screen
- To undo the split double click on split block
To keep titles visible in the worksheet, you can block them
- Select the first cell to the left under your titles
- From the “Window” menu, select “Freeze panes” (Freeze Panes)
- Titles remain visible
- To unblock click on the ‘Window’ menu
- Choose ‘Unfreeze’ (UNFREEZE Panes)
If you want to block and view the row and column titles at the same time select cell B2, and choose ‘Freeze Panes’ from the ‘Window’ menu again.
You've completed Lesson 9 START NEXT LESSON